Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dresden Plates and More

Happy Thursday!  I'm feeling a little under the weather, but thanks to the big man upstairs, it isn't that bad.  I went home early yesterday, over medicated myself, and prayed that when I woke up this morning, I'd feel better.  He delivered!  I feel MUCH better.  No fever, and just slight congestion today. =)

Anyway!  I am slightly obsessed with dresden plate quilts.  I saw one at a quilt show, then got a McCall's quilting issue with one on the cover, and now I've found a blog that is doing a scrappy dresden quilt.  They took some great pictures that suddenly made me go, DUH!  I wasn't thinking of sewing them in that manner... I was gonna do it the hard way (gee, imagine that!)
http://bunnyhillblog.com/2012/01/05/bunny-hill-scrappy-plate-club/










Sew them like this...









So then when you cut them apart and put them rightside out, you have blades like this!  DUH! Melissa!  Thank you Bunny Hill, for making my life that much easier! 

No comments:

Post a Comment